Google parent company Alphabet reported a 2 percent revenue decline in the second quarter of 2020.
Five things to know:
1. The tech giant reported $38.3 billion in the second quarter and net income at $6.9 billion.
2. Google’s operating income for the quarter was $7.5 billion, down from $10.3 billion in the same quarter last year.
3. Google Cloud reported a 42.8 percent increase in revenue from $2.1 billion in the second quarter of 2019 to $3 billion in the most recent quarter. Altogether, Google revenues were about $38 billion.
4. Google advertising revenues declined 22.8 percent from $38.6 billion for the second quarter of 2019 to $29.8 billion for the second quarter of 2020.
5. Alphabet reported having 127,498 employees at the end of the quarter.
More articles on health IT:
Allscripts to sell budgeting, analytics business Epsi for $365M
10 concerning trends in health IT
Texas Medical Center’s COVID-19 dashboards prove challenging to read and design
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.