Immunomedics’ breast cancer drug Trodelvy topped EvaluatePharma’s list of the five biggest drug approvals in the first half of 2020.
The market research firm released its “Pharma, Biotech & Medtech Half-Year Review 2020” which analyzed how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the drug industry, clinical trials, FDA drug approvals and more.
The five biggest drug approvals in the first half of 2020 and their projected 2026 sales:
- Trodelvy (Immunomedics) treats breast cancer — $2.3 billion
- Nexletol (Esperion/Daiichi Sankyo) treats cholesterol and cardiovascular disease — $1.8 billion
- Zeposia (Bristol Myers Squibb) treats relapsing MS — $1.6 billion
- Palforzia (Aimmune) treats peanut allergies — $1.5 billion
- Tepezza (Horizon Therapeutics) treats thyroid eye disease — $1.4 billion
More articles on pharmacy:
Women experience adverse reactions 2x more than men due to clinical testing gender bias, study finds
US, McKesson sign distribution deal for COVID-19 vaccine
Sanofi inks $3.68B deal to buy California autoimmune drugmaker
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.